Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy 4 Year Anniversary

Well 4 years ago today at this moment, I was running around like crazy getting ready to marry the man I would spend the rest of my life with.

I married Charles Wade Foster this day 4 years ago. We had been dating for some time and engaged even longer (had to wait for that perfect day). What a journey it has been. At the time we met, I was in a state where I would go out quite a bit and my sister and brother n law were most likely in tow to keep me company and well to protect my heart. I wanted to go see a cover band who did covers of 80s and classic rock songs. Ugh, I can't remember the name right now but they were playing at Scout, a place back then I went to a lot to just chill. Anyway, my sis and bro n law had invited a certain someone to come along. I remember going outside of my apartment, as I was "patiently" waiting to head out, to meet everyone outside and there he was. In introduction, I don't mean to brag, I knew he was attracted me. He gave me a look that made me feel like I was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen! (agh, the tears are building up). I just happen to find some pics of the night.

Pictures From The Night We Met

We dated for quite a bit. It was a sort of back and forth relationship and we even went on a short break just because I wasn't sure if continuing a relationship was the right thing. I sure am glad we got back together. ;) We really enjoyed each other's company and he sure did love Deus and me. He happened to be most everything on a list I created for myself of what I wanted in a man. We had talked about getting married and we looked at rings and not short after, we got engaged. Unfortunately, I don't remember the date off the top of my head without some photo digging but I do know we set our wedding date almost 2 years later...more like a year and a half. I know people asked why so long at times but that was a good amount of time to really get to know each other and of course plan for the wedding. We went to premarital counseling and even did a Dave Ramsey class together and thinking back now...how wonderful and blessed I was to have a partner who willingly did these things. He totally let me have the wedding my way too, a wedding that was really "out of the box". He never made any negative comments and truly just let me run with it. It was not a "traditional wedding". I mean my wedding dress was eggplant and the wedding ceremony music was Danny Elfman.

Photos From Our Wedding

Four years later, we are raising our tween son (quite a challenge), purchased a home and now have a new beautiful baby girl. I love him so much and cannot imagine life without him. I cannot wait to see what else we accomplish as we live life and grow old.



No comments:

Post a Comment